On a Friday afternoon six years ago on this day, Will Hladun lost his brief yet courageous battle against cancer. Taken away too soon, this foundation has worked every day since his passing to ensure that his life and his legacy will never be forgotten.
In just six years, because of this impact of that one little boy, the following milestones have been achieved:
- Over $400,000 has been raised in support of pediatric palliative care efforts in our region
- $155,000 has been donated to the Journeys pediatric palliative care program at the Children’s Hospital at Albany Medical Center
- Over twenty families have been supported on the first anniversary of their child’s passing as part of our SOAR program (Steer Onward and Remember)
- Our annual gala has raised over $345,000 in its first five years
- We have donated $100,000 for the construction of a suite at the Children’s Hospital at Albany Medical Center that is dedicated to pediatric palliative care and can be used by families receiving that level of care. The suite will be open within the month for patient use.
These milestones could not have been reached without the support of so many companies, organizations, and individuals who have continued to show their generosity each and every year. We have been so blessed to have the strength and power of so many amazing people behind us, pushing us to even greater heights.
And in the end, we owe it all to one little angel who continues to motivate and inspire us to do amazing things in his honor. Thank you, Will, for all that you have accomplished in your life.